Today we will set up your workstations and begin our introduction to video editing with Adobe Premiere. You will be editing pre-shot footage to create a fun and compelling promotional tourism spot for the city of San Francisco.
Part 1 - Learning Adobe Premiere:
- Launch Adobe Premiere
- Watch videos 1 through 13 in the "Learning Premiere Pro" section of the Adobe TV website
- Practice the steps that you can as you watch the videos
- Find a sample video file to practice editing, color correction, outputting, etc...
- If you can watch all 13 videos you are on your way to being a video editing pro! When complete watch the other videos in that section to learn how to process and distribute your movie files
Part 2 - Editing a Promotional Tourism Video for the City of San Francisco
Project Concept: The City of San Francisco has hired you to edit a promotional tourism video. They have provided you pre-shot footage and your job is to make it sing! Your commercial will play on local television stations coast to coast, so it should have universal appeal. Your commercial should promote the unique sights that the city has to offer.
- Your final video file should be exactly 1 minute long
- Use music that fits the energy of your video
- Edit your video cuts to be timed with the music
- Use color correction to enhance the footage
- Use video transitions to keep the video compelling and interesting, but be careful not to overuse them or repeat them too many times
- Create text titles to create a "call to action" at the end of your video, something like "Visit beautiful San Francisco today!"
- Have fun!